|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiCheese, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|
Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company is an artisanal cheese company located in Point Reyes Station in Marin County, California with dairy farmland located in the Point Reyes area. The company has received the 2013 California Leopold Conservation Award, and has been featured on the Today Show. The company is operated by Bob Giacomini and his four daughters, Karen Howard, Diana Hagan, Lynn Stray and Jill Basch. Co-founder Dean Mae Giacomini, Mr. Giacomini's wife, died in 2012. The Point Reyes dairy's operations began in 1959. The cheese company was founded in 2000. The family also operates The Fork, a culinary education center. Their flagship cheese, the raw milk Point Reyes Original Blue was the only blue cheese produced in California when it was introduced.
- ↑ "Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company Named California Leopold Conservation Award Recipient". Agweb.com. http://www.agweb.com/article/point_reyes_farmstead_cheese_company_named_california_leopold_conservation_award_recipient_NAA_Dairy_Today_Editors/. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- ↑ "Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co". Pointreyescheese.com. 2013-07-25. http://www.pointreyescheese.com/today-show. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- ↑ http://www.gourmetretailer.com/top-story-people-co_founder_of_point_reyes_farmstead_cheese_dies-10659.html
- ↑ Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture website
- ↑ Fletcher, Janet (2013-03-08). "Point Reyes Farmstead Bay Blue right-on". SFGate. http://www.sfgate.com/food/cheesecourse/article/Point-Reyes-Farmstead-Bay-Blue-right-on-4340163.php. Retrieved 2013-11-17.